Monday, July 31, 2006

To the spirit of the genius

Look at the sky
And the trees outside.
They are lighted
With the sun's low tide.

I feel the freshness,
I see the hue.
Trees are green,
But the sky is blue.

There is no argument,
There is no fight.
They are both enjoying
The morning sun's light.

I stared and thought,
While the people moved around.
A thing old but new,
That I have found.

Every one here
Has his own right,
Sky or the tree
Standing in the light.

And as I watched
I learned something new,
That many are gifted
But blessed are few !

"Yes, God damn it, the Parthenon!"

2 comments:

bp said...

a post after a long time
like a rare sip of wine,
its true that many r gifted
but why few are the blessed?

Aman said...

there are very few who can see through the mist which surrounds this world and its various entanglements and walk that path to happiness.

How many Gates, Jobs or Da Vinci's do u find?

I believe that it is He who picks his favourite few and grants them the powers which they use to achieve happiness. (I won't say - to achieve greatness, that's a relative term)